|400mg 30pills||$37.99||$1.27 per pill|
|400mg 60pills||$59.99||$1.00 per pill|
|400mg 90pills||$80.99||$0.90 per pill|
|400mg 120pills||$96.99||$0.81 per pill|
|400mg 180pills||$130.99||$0.73 per pill|
|400mg 360pills||$235.99||$0.66 per pill|
What is Uniphyl Cr?
Uniphyl Cr belongs to the group of anti-asthma drugs that are used to treat obstructive respiratory diseases. Theophylline, a methylxanthine of the xanthine class, is similar in structure and pharmacological properties to theobromine and caffeine. It is able to bind adenosine receptors, block phosphodiesterase, reduce the concentration of calcium in the cells. It has an expressed antispasmodic, vasodilator, bronchodilator, anti-asthma, cardiotonic action.
This asthma drug causes muscle relaxation in the bronchi, a decrease in the level of hypersensitivity mediators in the blood, and an increase in the muscle tone of the respiratory organs, especially in the diaphragm and between the ribs.
Due to the effect of this component, the pulmonary blood vessels are dilated, the risk of blood clots is reduced, and microcirculation in blood vessels is normalized.
Composition and release form
- The main active components: theophylline.
- Additional components: composite polymer carrier, calcium stearate.
The drug is made in the form of tablets with a long-lasting action, in dosages containing 400 mg of theophylline.
This drug is intended for the treatment of diseases such as:
- bronchial asthma;
- chronic obstructive bronchitis;
- pulmonary hypertension.
The drug is not used if the patient has ever had hypersensitivity (allergy) to one of the drug components.
Do not use if the patient suffers from:
- epilepsy, porphyria;
- acute myocardial infarction, tachyarrhythmia, severe arterial hypertension, hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy, atherosclerosis, aneurysm;
- hyperthyroidism, thyrotoxicosis;
- gastric and 12 duodenal ulcers;
- severe violations of the liver, pheochromocytoma.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
This drug is contraindicated for use in pregnant women. Lactation at the time of treatment with this drug is not recommended.
Dosage and administration
The drug is taken for an hour or 2 hours after meals. If irritating mucous action is noticed, it is permissible to take it during the meal or immediately after it.
A 400 mg tablet can be divided in half (not chewed).
Recommended dosing regimen:
- children over 12 years old and adults – 400 mg once a day, after 3-5 days, you can increase the dosage to 450 or 600 mg (taken in 2 doses);
- children 6-12 years old – 200 mg each (half a tablet of 400 mg) once a day, after 3 days it is permissible to increase the dosage to 300 mg per day.
When there is apnea, the drug is taken before going to bed.
Elderly patients, as well as those suffering from renal or hepatic insufficiency of moderate degree, do not need to be adjusted in dosage.
An overdose of this drug can cause increased side effects in the form of:
- dyspeptic symptoms;
- hypokalemia, hyperglycemia, hypomagnesemia;
- blood pressure surges, arrhythmia, tachycardia;
- lactic acidosis, metabolic acidosis;
- tremor, convulsions.
In case of overdose, symptomatic treatment should be applied.
- It is possible to use β1-adrenergic blockers in small doses.
- The use of barbiturates is contraindicated.
- Reception of enterosorbents can improve the condition of the patient.
The use of this drug in a patient can cause side effects in the form of:
- headache, dizziness, agitation, tremor, seizures;
- nausea, vomiting, epigastric pain, diarrhea;
- paradoxical bronchospasm;
- cardiac rhythm disorders, pressure surges, myospasm, collapse, atrial fibrillation, myocardial ischemia;
- hypokalemia, hyperglycemia.
Allergic reactions in the form of angioedema, skin rash, allergic urticaria, itching are possible.
Terms and conditions of storage
This drug retains its medicinal properties for 5 years, which are measured from the date of manufacture, which is indicated on the blister. The drug should be kept out of the reach of children. Storage temperature should not exceed 25 °C.