|400mg 30pills||$37.99||$1.27 per pill|
|400mg 60pills||$59.99||$1.00 per pill|
|400mg 90pills||$80.99||$0.90 per pill|
|400mg 120pills||$96.99||$0.81 per pill|
|400mg 180pills||$130.99||$0.73 per pill|
|400mg 360pills||$235.99||$0.66 per pill|
What is Theo-24 CR?
Theo-24 CR is a xanthine used to treat lung diseases such as asthma and COPD (bronchitis, emphysema). It must be used regularly to prevent wheezing and shortness of breath. The main active ingredient is theophylline. The substance has a bronchodilator, cardiotonic and diuretic effect. Sometimes the drug is combined with other bronchodilators or antispasmodic drugs.
Dosage and mode of application
The dosage of Theo-24 CR is based on your medical condition, response to treatment, age, weight, lab tests, and other drugs you may be taking.
Take a tablet orally with or without food. Swallow a tablet whole with a glass of water. If you are taking the drug once a day, do not take the dose at bedtime.
The recommended starting dose for adults is one 150 mg every 12 hours. The maximum dose is 600 mg per day.
Dosage for children 6 to 16 years age should be calculated based on the child’s body weight.
This instruction is brief. You must consult your doctor before using this medication.
- Central nervous system: dizziness, headache, insomnia, agitation, anxiety, irritability, tremor;
- Digestive system: gastralgia, nausea, vomiting, gastroesophageal reflux, heartburn, exacerbation of peptic ulcer, diarrhea, with prolonged use – loss of appetite;
- Allergic reactions: skin rash, itching, fever;
- Cardiovascular system: heartbeat, tachycardia (including the fetus when taken in the third trimester), arrhythmias, decreased blood pressure, cardialgia, increased frequency of strokes;
- Other: pain in the chest, tachypnea, sensation of hot flashes to the face, albuminuria, hematuria, hypoglycemia, increased diuresis, increased sweating.
Side effects decrease with dose reduction.
Theo-24 CR is not prescribed in the presence of any of the following conditions:
- hypersecretion of the thyroid gland,
- individual sensitivity,
- an acute phase of myocardial infarction,
- subaortic stenosis,
- pregnancy and lactation.
The drug is used with caution in patients who have a stomach ulcer. In case of severe violations of the cardiovascular system, viral infections, liver disease and treatment of elderly patients, the dose of theophylline should be reduced.
- Theo-24 CR is not used in conjunction with other xanthine derivatives;
- In combination with phenobarbital, difenin, rifampicin, isoniazid, carbamazepine, sulfinpyrazone, phenytoin, the drug can reduce theophylline efficacy, which may require an increase in the used doses of the drug;
- When used simultaneously with macrolide antibiotics, lincomycin, allopurinol, cimetidine, isoprenaline, beta-blockers, oral contraceptives, epoxacin, and during influenza vaccination, the intensity of action may increase, which may require lowering theophylline dose;
- Theophylline increases the likelihood of side effects of glucocorticosteroids, mineralocorticosteroids, agents that excite the central nervous system (increases neurotoxicity);
- The drug inhibits the therapeutic effects of lithium carbonate and beta-blockers;
- Theophylline potentiates the action of diuretics by increasing glomerular filtration and reducing tubular reabsorption;
- Caution should be exercised when the drug is used with anticoagulants;
- Antidiarrheal drugs and enterosorbents reduce theophylline absorption.
The effectiveness of Theo-24 CR may be reduced in smokers.
Since the bronchodilator effect of the medication develops gradually after 3-6 hours after ingestion, it is not prescribed for the relief of emergency conditions.
The drug is used with caution in the treatment of nursing and pregnant women. This is possible only in extreme cases and for vital signs.
If headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting or tachycardia occur after taking theophylline in high doses, it is recommended to stop taking the drug and receive the correct symptomatic treatment.
Use with caution: in severe coronary insufficiency (acute phase of myocardial infarction, angina), advanced vascular atherosclerosis, hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy, ventricular extrasystole, chronic heart failure, increased convulsive readiness, in case of a hepatic and/or renal failure, a heart disease, an acute osteoarthritis, with uncontrolled hypothyroidism or thyrotoxicosis, prolonged hyperthermia, gastroesophageal reflux, prostatic hypertrophy, during pregnancy, during lactation, in elderly patients, in children.
In severe diseases of the cardiovascular system, liver, viral infections, as well as in elderly patients, the dose of theophylline should be reduced.